Story By: Erin Zollars
Photos By: Sol Tucker
For one year that is certainly not the norm for the NBA Draft, some players have made a splash and some, well have us wondering what is really going on with shaping a team for a future.
All of this week we have heard a lot of LaMelo Ball and where he could land and going to Charlotte wasn’t a surprise to many of us out here in the NBA following, but this 9th pick by Tommy Sheppard and the Wizards in Deni Avdija sort of left us guessing what is next for this team.
There is no doubt that Rui was a player that was going to be a solid pick, but what is it with this team always going overseas for a player we just dont know alot about? Avdija has the size and experience playing in Israel, but how does he really fit into a Wizards team that has plenty to answer for to get to the top this year. Could he possibly go with John Wall in a trade? Will they move Wall after all? All of these unknowns and a season that starts December 22nd. Lots of questions remain.
Overall, this draft has gone sort of as expected without tons of stellar stars, guys have fallen in place with teams that have some immediate needs and others could possibly develop some players with everyone after the 15th pick.
This is a list of picks that have after the Top 5 that could work and some could bust.
- 6. Atlanta Hawks: Onyeka Okwongwu, C, USC
- 7. Detroit Pistons: Killian Hayes, PG, France
- 8. New York Knicks: Obi Toppin, PF, Dayton
- 9. Washington Wizards: Deni Avdija, SF, Israel
- 10. Phoenix Suns: Jalen Smith, PF, Maryland
- 11. San Antonio Spurs: Devin Vassell, SG, Florida State
- 12. Sacramento Kings: Tyrese Haliburton, PG, Iowa State
- 13. New Orleans Pelicans: Kira Lewis Jr., PG, Alabama
- 14. Boston Celtics: Aaron Nesmith, SF, Vanderbilt
Expect a few more moves to be made after the draft has completed and waves to be made if the Wall trade happens along with James Harden going to Brooklyn. Hold on folks, the ride could get a bumpy this week.