Story By: Sol Tucker
File Photos By: Sol Tucker
College Park, MD–
It’s that time of year again. Time to go bowling. With the start of Bowl season just a couple weeks away, the Maryland Terps will not be heading for warmer climates this season, rather heading to the legendary Yankee Stadium in New York to face Virginia Tech in the Pinstripe Bowl on December 29th.
The winner of the regular season finale between the Terrapins and Rutgers Scarlet Knights was going bowling, and Maryland came away with a 40-16 win. This will be the Terps’ first time playing in a bowl game since 2016.
Taulia Tagovailoa started out the season red hot as Maryland started out 4-0 but after and even included a five-interception game. He finished the season completing 68.4% of his passes for 3,595 yards with 24 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
“We know the goal at this point, said Terps Head Coach Mike Locksley. We know Tech is a very good football team, but a lot like us this season, we made a few mistakes that cost us a few games. “We expect them to come prepared to play in New York.”
This is a very unique bowl game with a chance to play in one of the most famous sporting venues. The Yankees have also made suite and box seats available for purchase.
- Private viewing space: Luxury suites can accommodate 16-34 people (capacity varies among suites).
- Enhanced viewing experience: Luxury suites feature exterior cushioned suite seating and a climate-controlled interior space with a private restroom.
- Food and beverage offerings: All-inclusive ballpark fare, non-alcoholic beverages and domestic beer packages
FIELD MVP BOX SUITES
- Located on the Field Level of the Stadium, Field MVP Outdoor Suite Boxes are exclusive, open-air private seating areas at Yankee Stadium and provide an intimate setting to entertain clients. Featured amenities include:
- Private Viewing Space: Can accommodate 6-10 guests (maximum capacity varies among suites).
- Food and Beverage Offerings: All-inclusive ballpark fare, non-alcoholic beverages and domestic beer packages*.
- Guests must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol. Proper identification is required of all guests and must be presented, regardless of age, to purchase any alcoholic beverage.